Online Location Analytics for Business
CIS 313 - Location Analytics for Business
Course prerequisites and requirements
To be successful in this course, we recommend English language fluency and computer literacy. Familiarity with geographic information systems (GIS) concepts will be helpful but is not required. We also encourage you to make sure your laptop or desktop computer meets the technical requirements.
CIS 105 Computer Applications and Information Technology is strongly suggested as a prerequisite for success in this course.
- Credits: 3
- Length: Self-paced or 8 weeks
- Cost: $25 + $400
What you’ll learn
- Understand the basic principles of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) including coordinate systems, projections, maps
- Use industry standard ESRI’s GIS software tools such as ArcGIS Online to question, analyze, interpret, and visualize spatial data
- Apply geospatial analysis to various business functions, including market planning, site analysis and market research
- Examine case studies and present how location information can be leveraged in specific industry to solve underlying business problems
What to expect in class
Readings, video lectures, assignments, and quizzes
Exams and grading
Reflection Story Map
This course appears on your transcript identically to how it appears on the transcript of an enrolled ASU student who has taken the course on one of ASU’s campuses.
This course satisfies 3 credit hours at Arizona State University. It is strongly encouraged that you consult with your institution of choice to determine how these credits will be applied to their degree requirements prior to transferring your credit.