Online Excel in Business
CIS 308 - Advanced Excel in Business
Course prerequisites and requirements
To be successful in this course, we recommend English language fluency and computer literacy. Knowledge of basic mathematical & problem-solving skills is recommended. We encourage you to make sure your laptop or desktop computer meets the technical requirements.This course uses the Windows Excel application which may not work on tablets, Chromebooks, or two-in-one devices. A Mac or Windows computer is highly suggested.
CIS 105 Computer Applications and Information Technology is strongly suggested as a prerequisite for success in this course.
Microsoft Excel is required for this course and not provided by ASU.
Next start date:
Oct. 10, 2023
- Credits: 3
- Length: Self-paced or 8 weeks
- Cost: $25 + $400
What you’ll learn
- Calculate with advanced functions and formulas
- Organize worksheet, workbook and table data using a variety of techniques
- Create and modify charts and graphs
- Customize and enhance workbooks using graphic objects and data tools
- Understand how businesses can utilize advanced spreadsheet analytical techniques using pivot tables, v-lookups, amortization and graphical data to better understand their business and customers
- Manipulate and analyze data to make appropriate recommendations for managerial decision making
- Deploy advanced techniques to increase productivity and improve efficiency by streamlining workflow
What to expect in class
Lecture walkthroughs that help you create files to complete assignments, videos, quizzes, and exams
Exams and grading
This course appears on your transcript identically to how it appears on the transcript of an enrolled ASU student who has taken the course on one of ASU’s campuses.
This course satisfies 3 credit hours at Arizona State University. It is strongly encouraged that you consult with your institution of choice to determine how these credits will be applied to their degree requirements prior to transferring your credit.