Your course might include an optional practice proctored exam. We highly encourage all learners to complete this.
Completing a practice proctored exam ensures your computer meets the technical requirements needed to complete a final proctored exam later in the course. This practice proctored exam is not graded, and does not affect your final grade in any way.
- Register online and log in to the student portal.
- On the practice exam page, select Continue to my practice exam.
- Follow the steps under Follow these steps to set up and start your proctored exam to download and install the proctoring software.
- Open the PSI Secure browser.
- Follow the steps in the PSI Secure browser to input your exam code, show your identification, and perform a room scan.
- Keep the proctoring software window open.
- Return to the page where you copied your exam code.
- Select Start Proctored Exam.
- When you have completed all the questions, end the exam.
- On the timer bar and select End My Exam.
- Close the proctoring software browser window.
- When you receive a prompt, confirm that you want to quit the application.
After you complete the practice exam, the result page for the exam is visible in the exam browser window. For a practice exam, two results are possible.
Your practice proctored exam is complete: You completed the exam and experienced no issues with the proctoring software.
Your practice proctored exam failed: You completed the exam, but there were issues with the proctoring software. Some parts of the proctoring checks might have failed, or the proctoring software window might have closed before the exam ended.
You can retry a practice exam as many times as you want to. If you received a Failed result on your practice exam, you should try to fix any issues and take the practice exam again until you achieve a Completed result. Doing so will help you to make sure you can successfully take an actual proctored exam in the course.
If you continue to have problems with the proctoring software, select Contact Support in the proctoring software window or contact Software Secure/PSI Services by phone at 1-855-436-2039.