To be eligible for academic credit, you must verify your identity so we know who you are. This lets us ensure the academic credit you earn appears on your official ASU transcript.
You must verify your identity by the deadline listed within your course(s). You only need to verify your identity once per year.
You will be prompted to take a webcam photo of yourself as well as an acceptable form of photo ID.
Acceptable forms of photo IDs include:
- Government or State-issued driver’s license
- National ID card
- State or Province ID card (including cards issued by motor vehicle agencies)
- Official Student ID card (for individuals under the age of 18 who may not yet possess a valid driver’s license or other form or photo identification)
Your photo ID must:
- Contain your full name (excluding hyphens, accents, and spaces)
- Match the name you used when you signed up for courses
- Contain a current photograph of yourself
- Be an original document; photocopied documents cannot be accepted
- Be current and valid; expired documents cannot be accepted