Online Business Technology Fundamentals
CIS 194 - Business Technology Fundamentals
This course is the first in a series that will prepare learners for a Google IT Certificate. Learn more about the certificate here.
Technology fuels the businesses of today, and businesses need competent technology professionals to support the infrastructure that drives their success. In this, you’ll be introduced to this environment and will learn about critical business tech...
Course prerequisites and requirements
To be successful in this course, we recommend English language fluency and computer literacy. We also encourage you to make sure your laptop or desktop computer meets the technical requirements.
Next start date:
- Credits: 1
- Length: Self-paced
- Cost: $25 + $0
What you’ll learn
- How the binary system works
- How to assemble a computer from scratch
- How to choose and install an operating system on a computer, understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world
- How applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer
- How to utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an information technology setting
What to expect in class
Narrated lectures, Amazon Web Services active learning labs and other assignments, quizzes, knowledge checks, discussions with peers and teaching fellows, and practice exam for certification
Exams and grading
Google Module Completion
This course appears on your transcript identically to how it appears on the transcript of an enrolled ASU student who has taken the course on one of ASU’s campuses.
This course satisfies 1 credit hour at Arizona State University. It is strongly encouraged that you consult with your institution of choice to determine how these credits will be applied to their degree requirements prior to transferring your credit.